comments and suggestions to:
3155 Oatman Road
Golden Valley, AZ 86413
P.O. Box 687
Kingman, AZ 86402
MSC InformationPresident's Corner
Vice President's Message
Election Bylaws Committee
Year End Financial Statement
by Greg Holden, Chairman
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR BYLAW AMENDMENTS
(1) Adding two Directors-at-Large.
(2) Moving the elections forward to the month of November.
(3) Rewording Article VIII to support the new ballot procedures adopted by the MSC Board of Directors at the September General Membership meeting.
REASON FOR CHANGES:
(1) During the course of the year board two members resigned. For a period of time the Board had the minimum number of members to form a quorum.
The loss of another member for any reason, vacation, illness, accident would render the BOD ineffective. The addition two Directors at Large would insure uninterrupted operation of the MSC BOD.
(2) Moving the election forward one month will give the newly elected Board members six weeks to take over their new positions. The term of office, January 1 thru December 31 would not change. Many newly elected officers have no experience and this will make their transition into office much smoother. By the time they take over on January 1, they will be up to speed on their new position and the projects they may take over.
(3) Due to the large number of club members and the restricted space in the clubhouse to accommodate them at once it was voted on and accepted by the membership at the September, 2010 general meeting that the proposed Bylaw Amendments be placed on the election ballots. This would give every club member time to study and vote on the proposed changes without having to attend the election meeting.
This vote requires Article VIII to be reworded to reflect the change. The month would also have to be changed if the elections date change proposed amendment passes.
Greg Holden and the committee are working on the Bylaws mostly Article V & VIII. It was voted on at the last meeting to print all the Bylaw changes and sent out with the election ballots.
ARTICLE VIII - Amending MSC Bylaws
(a) The Bylaws may be amended at the annual December general membership meeting or as required to maintain the existence of the MSC by a two-thirds vote of those present, provided that the proposed amendments(s) has/have been presented to the Bylaws Committee in writing by the October 1st, has/have been presented to the Board of Directors at the November meeting, and has/have been published in the December MSC Newsletter.
(b) Any changes to the bylaws shall be voted on individually by the membership after review by the Board of Directors.
(c) A copy of all bylaws in force must be kept in the possession of the Secretary and shall be available for reference at all general membership and all Board of Director meetings.
PROPOSED CHANGES TO ARTICLE VIII
Amending MSC Bylaws
(a) The Bylaws may be amended at the annual November general election by a two-thirds vote of Ballots returned or as required to maintain the existence of the MSC in an emergency provided that the proposed amendment(s) has/have been presented to the Bylaws Committee in writing by September 1, has/have been presented to the Board of Directors at the October meeting, and has/have been published in the November MSC Newsletter.
(b) Any changes to the Bylaws shall be voted on individually by the membership after presentation to the Board of Directors.
(c) No change in wording.